Q offers the lowest condo fees in Halifax
Using value engineering and lifecycle costing, we ensure that you — the condo owners — will reap the benefits and have the lowest condo fees in Halifax.
Here’s how we achieve this for you:
- we use insulating concrete form (ICF) which results in well-insulated, foot-thick exterior walls (see photo)
- all doors and windows are triple glazed for enhanced thermal efficiency
- we have sourced the most efficient heat pumps and ventilation fans on the market
- our Energy Recovery Ventilator (ERV) not only recovers energy from heat, it enhances air quality
- the roofing systems in place have an R value of 48
- LED and/or CFL lighting in common areas and suites, with motion sensors in the underground parkade, to keep electrical costs reasonable
- low-flow plumbing fixtures (including dual flush toilets which use a rainwater collection system) to reduce water costs and environmental impact
- the best 3M moisture and vapour barrier ensures that water stays outside and does not infiltrate the building envelope
- spray foam insulation is used to thoroughly seal the building envelope (see the application of the spray foam in this video)
- we employ construction methods which mitigate, and even eliminate, the loss of heat through thermal bridging
These are just some of the many positive construction practices we are employing throughout Q Lofts. Because of these initiatives, the monthly condo fees at Q Lofts range from $224 – $247 for the interior units, and $290 – $300 for the larger corner units. This equates to an average cost of 23.5 cents per square foot, and we haven’t found a lower rate in the city thus far.